Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Small Sewing Goal Met, and Other Stuff...

It was only a very small one, but I managed it and I'm very happy about that. I told myself this morning that I would NOT go to sleep until I had finished the blue row of the charm quilt. And now, its finished. YAY! (Like I said, nothing earth shattering, but still...) I'm sort of surprised that its finished so early. I really thought it would take longer. Oh, well. Now I have time to swipe a piece of cake.

We are still in exile (as I'm sure you guessed). We won't get into our new house until the very end of the month, I'm told. Darn. In the meantime, I'm using a borrowed computer. Which means I can update my blog a couple of times a week or so, but no pictures. (Because I see no need to abuse the privilege of the borrowed computer by cluttering up the hard drive with a lot of pictures that are of no use to its owner. And also, because I'm not completely certain where my camera is at the moment...) I know that a blog entry without pictures is sort of boring, but for a while, it just can't be helped. I'll try to remember to show a picture of the projects mentioned in the next few weeks. Just as soon as things get back to normal.

News items: Not much. Except that I have just been added to quilterblogs.com, which is a website I love and read a few times every day. I didn't know that until a few hours after my last blog update. I was skimming through, and there it was! Big surprise, and kind of cool! (I know, I know, you are all used to it, and its just same old, same old. But I'm still new enough at this to think "WOW! That's me!") As soon as I can figure out how to get Blogger to cooperate, I'm going to add the little button- and several others- to my blog page, but until then, this is my big "Thanks for including me!" I know that there is a way to get Blogger to add these little buttons and links- because everyone else is doing it- but so far, it is beyond my computer skills. All I keep getting is a message that "that is illegal"??!!? So, I might have to call in the big guns to get it up and running. (AKA my friends who know about computers.)

Let's see, I guess I can also give a quick progress report on the projects I brought with me. Unfortunately, nothing is finished. But some progress has been acheived...

Scooby baby quilt- nine patch blocks are pieced, ready to sew the top together... as soon as I figure out what else it needs... something seems to be missing somewhere. Maybe that's just me being a little uncomfortable with all the hugely bright colors that I'm working with... I need to think about it for a couple more days.


The hexagon charm quilt- coming along very well. After more years than I can accurately remember (I think, possibly 5??) I've suddenly gotten a lot accomplished. The center of the quilt is just about finished now. I have one more round and then its all just filling in the holes between. (And yes, I do know that this would only really make sense when accompanied by a picture. I'm sorry. I'll get it in a few weeks. Promise.)


The Dresden quilt- barely touched it. I might make that my second sewing goal of the day: applique one Dresden to a background square before bed. That shouldn't be too hard. I started one several days ago...


The flower BOM- haven't touched it


The scarf- haven't touched it


The Christmas present- haven't touched it


The yo-yo doll- haven't even thought about touching it (which explains why its still a UFO...)



And I guess that's all the news there is for a few days... Until then, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment