Saturday, May 29, 2010

When plans go awry...

So, we have a house. Sort of. We own it now, so technically its ours, but.... Right now, it doesn't actually look much like a house. Right now, it looks more like a dump. There are boxes piled everywhere, furniture stacked up all over the rooms, painting is still being finished... The list goes on for miles... (Still no computer or internet. Luckily for you, this means you won't be subjected to a view of the disaster area. Trust me, its better that way.)


Have I mentioned that I really hate moving? I really do. I think I have decided that I'm not going to do it anymore. ; ) If I ever managed to find everything and get it unpacked, I do not think that I will ever want to move it again. My husband might just have to sell me along with the house next time! Or else, he will have to comply with a very specific list of rules regarding moving house. And he will not like it when he hears it! I know this because he didn't like any of my suggestions for this move. Every time I tried to make a plan, someone (not always him, but several times he was the guilty one) came along behind and did things totally differently. Which pretty much destroyed my plans. Which mostly seems to have created more work for me. Don't you just hate that??

My first plan was for loading the moving trailer- nope, didn't happen.
Then I had a plan for the cleaning and painting- nuh-uh.
Then I wanted to unload the trailer and be sort of organized about it so I could find the important stuff easily and fairly quickly- HAH!!!
So, I gave up.

Now I am just waiting. Eventually, I will get the energy to go digging for dishes and pots and pans, sheets and towels, my daughter's toys, etc. etc... But it didn't happen today. Today I have piles and paint and furniture piled up in the middle of the rooms. Like Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day." And that's when I'll worry about it.

I hope to be back on my own computer and my own internet before much longer. Then I'll finally be able to post pictures again. YAY! I miss pictures on my blog. (I can't swear that the pictures will be quilt related for a while. My "quilt room" is one of the worst areas of the house at the moment. But we'll get there...)

Have a happy and safe holiday weekend. Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment