Sunday, September 12, 2010

I forgot all about Scooby!

I almost forgot about the baby quilt I was working on. It's been finished for about a month now. We mailed it out about three weeks ago. Last weekend, it came back. My husband is now hand delivering it. Apparently, everyone seems to be having trouble finding these new condos they live in. They say they've been having a ton of trouble getting deliveries... So, with any luck they'll get their package before the baby gets here in a few days....





This is a shot of the top of the quilt. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I really hope that all those doctors and scientists are right about babies liking bright colors. 'Cause these colors are bright! But it came out better than I feared when I was buying the fabric. Actually, after I got the Scooby fabric all fussy-cut up, I liked it a lot more. Maybe it was a good thing that this is the only print I could find.







Here's a wider shot, although a bit blurry, showing the borders. They are the same fabric as the backing.













And here's the label. They swore that the baby's name wasn't gonna be a last minute change up. I hope they were telling the truth. I like the Scooby block here. Not a fancy label, but it'll do. Has most of the information that they are likely to find important. And I'll eventually get the pictures into my quilt journal with any details that weren't on the label.

Still inching along, not really getting anything finished. Just a lot of little bits and pieces. Still hoping for a finish or two by the end of the week. Not sure if I'll get there or not, but, fingers crossed. Little Miss could be a bit more cooperative if she wanted to be. Like maybe taking her naps. And not imitating a beaver. I really hate teething. How much longer until it's over with??
That's all the news for now, I suppose. We really are pretty boring around here... Usually, our biggest excitement is the weekly trip for groceries. Oh, no, wait. We do have a little difference in our routine this week. Company's coming tomorrow.
Little Miss is getting visitors. Her aunt, grandma, and maybe great-grandma are coming to see her. (My sister, mom, and grandma.) I guess great-grandma is coming. I haven't been told otherwise. Of course, I haven't talked to any of them for a few days. So, we will have a little break in our routine this weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll get to play downstairs for a bit. Or maybe get out of the house and do something fun that my husband won't take me to do. (This includes a broad variety of entertainments, actually. Most notably- window shopping. He acts like he's allergic to stores. Won't stay in one for more than 10-15 minutes without the complaints pouring out... No, actually, now that I think about it, the complaints usually start before we get the car parked... )
So, that's really all there is to talk about at the moment. We'll be back in a few days, hopefully with something really interesting to talk about... Maybe. : ) Until next time, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment