Sunday, September 12, 2010

Other stuff I've been messing around with...

Just a few quick shots of some of the little projects I've been messing with lately...





One of several Christmas stockings that I'm knitting up. Several years ago, I did them for pretty much the whole family. Then I had to do one for my husband when he came along. Then my daughter needed one (which she is getting this year, because I didn't get it done last year), and now I've decided I need some for my adorable little stocking holders. They'll just be for decoration, not for holding actual presents. Probably. But I'd like to get four before Christmas, if I can. Number two is still on needles right now...






This is the baggie and the card I sent along with the Scooby quilt for the new baby down south.








And this is what was in the bag. I made some for my nephew when he was born, and I think they come in very handy. I try to give at least a few to every boy I send baby shower gifts to, now. Very soft flannel, not very absorbent but excellent for deflecting. Sort of like that diaper commercial they aired a while back... ; )





And lastly, some of the pincushions I've been making. I love the little demitasse cups! They are so cute! These were the first two. I've made several more since. Now I don't know exactly what to do with them. I'm pretty sure I don't need quite that many of them....
The little cube is paper pieced. I found the pattern over at the Moda Bake Shop. I used scraps left over from a layer cake recipe quilt there. Its cute. It would look better if I had taken a little more time with it, and I think I may have overstuffed slightly. It'll still work fine. If I ever get around to using it. Right now I'm using the other two because, as I said, I love them! (I sort of have a thing for dishes... But I'm not nearly as bad as my SIL. She has dishes everywhere in her house! You name a space, it has dishes in it. Wanna hear a secret? She doesn't use her dishwasher for washing dishes- because she uses it as storage for some of her dishes! I would have a lot more dishes if my husband would let me, but I would never ever put my dishwasher out of commission like that! Note to my husband: feel free to test this promise by buying me some more pretties. The only ones that will sit around in the dishwasher are the ones just washed/about to be washed! Promise!)
Ok, that's all for today. Company will be here very soon, and it's nearly naptime as well. I'll talk to you all in just a few days. Until then, happy stitching!


1 comment:

  1. I spy a sugar cube pincushion....
    if you are inclined...post it to my flickr group here http://www.flickr.com/groups/1354569@N24/

    ReplyDelete