Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tablerunner


Here's the tablerunner (at the flimsy stage) that was in the background of the pictures from yesterday. (No, the colors on the design wall have nothing to do with it. I just threw it up on top of everything else so I could get a good look at it.) I bought this as a kit years ago. (I can't even remember exactly how many years. I know it was well before my husband and I started dating...) I don't think I ever really intended to put it together. I just wanted the fabrics, and I knew I would find a use for them eventually... Turns out I used them as a tablerunner! Go figure. : P
The fabrics are from Red Rooster. They're the Jennifer Chiaverini fabrics from about the time that I was reading Cross Country Quilters. I'm pretty sure that's why I wanted them. They were based on that fabric from the book. I think. Not at all my usual color choices, but this fall, they suited me very well.







Here's a close up of the quilting. Or at least, it was intended to be. The quilting isn't the greatest, but I'm happy with it. This is the first time I've been brave enough to actually quilt anything on my machine. I have a lot of room for improvement, and I can see pretty much every flaw, but I'm ok with that. I've proven to myself that, with practice, I might get to the point where I can machine quilt reasonably well. I'm looking forward to more practice. As soon as I can find another project that I'm willing to risk ruining..




This is the finished runner, binding and all. Stuck back up on my design wall next to yet another WIP. (That's a layer cake flimsy that I just finished yesterday. You'll probably see it again... someday. Preferably after quilting and binding.)

Let's see... What else do I have to talk about today?... Not a lot. I spent a few hours this weekend playing down in the quilt room. Got two flimsies put together. One still needs a bit of applique work, the other is above. Started prepping applique pieces for another flimsy. (Got it put together, and then decided it just needed more, so...) Cleaned up a bit more. I sort of interrupted myself earlier, in order to play. And I've been messing it all up again ever since...

Oh, yeah. For anyone who might be holding their breath, waiting for a yardage total- you can breathe now. I will not be posting any numbers, so don't wait for it. I have gotten most of my fabrics sorted now. Except for WIP, kits, precuts, and scrap bins etc... And I had to quit adding up numbers. They got to the point where it was just scary. And if my husband ever came across the total, I would never hear the end of it. So, no numbers. Sorry. (The only clue I will offer is, it was still only a 3 digit number when I stopped counting. That's all you get.)

So, I guess that's all the news for today. Hopefully, I'll manage to get a little more done this week. At least finish that stocking. And maybe the applique on at least one flimsy... We'll see. Until next time, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment