Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive, although I may be coming down with something...

I just looked back through my old entries, and I cannot believe how long its been since I actually typed a post!! I've composed at least three dozen in my head... But somehow I never seem to get them typed up. I'm sure I could come up with dozens of excuses. Excuses like: "I've just been so incredibly busy what with all the... (fill in the blank with your choice of- weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, family get-togethers/cook-outs, the funeral, cleaning, sorting the quilt room, baby care, husband home from work for two months). The list could be endless, and nobody really cares to hear about all of the details. So we'll just skip it. Well, maybe we'll just hit the highlights and try to get everyone all caught up.
As you saw from the last post, I had a LOT of work to do getting the quilt room unpacked. I've been working on that, very slowly. Well, ok, I got just enough done that I could get a little room to play, and then I got sidetracked with projects of various sorts. I'm still working on getting all of the tubs of fabric unpacked and put away. But it looks much better than the last photos. I think. Maybe...
I did manage to get several projects finished, or mostly finished. And I hope to get some pictures up here at some point in the next couple of days. They weren't big projects, but my quota monitor (i.e. the husband) never specified what size the projects had to be, just that I got so many per year completely finished. I am happy to report that my yearly quota of 15 finished projects has been met and then some! YAY! Unfortunately, they are pretty much tiny little projects, and not the bed sized fabric monsters that he most likely envisioned when he announced these expectations of his... Oh, well. He should have been more specific, shouldn't he? ; )
I can't remember the entire list from memory, but examples of the projects would be: several pincushions, Christmas stockings, a tree skirt (UFO!), a wallhanging (also a now finished UFO)...oh, yeah, and also the Scooby baby quilt. Which is the excuse I used to quit unpacking and start playing. It had a deadline, you know. ; )
What else has been happening lately?... Oh, yeah. I guess I should probably elaborate a bit on the second half of my post title. I've been feeling sort of strange lately. I have never, never, never, (should I say it one more time just for added emphasis?) never had this happen before in my entire life! Is it possible to get autumn fever?!? I seem to be in a very fall-ish sort of mood... And I really can't explain it. I don't really like fall. It never has seemed much more than a depressing reminder of the cold and yuck that is bearing down on us in a few months. The leaves are pretty, but after that things are just depressing and dead-looking. I really don't like that. I'm more of a late spring and summer person, when everything is green and blooming and the temperatures are nice and warm.
But for some reason, this year, I was really in a hurry for fall... And this strange mood struck well before this week's drop in temperature. I put up a fall door decoration in August! That's just unheard of for me. And now, with Labor Day just barely over (which,along with the beginning of school, no matter what the calender says, is about the time I say fall really starts), I've dug out my autumn decorations and started putting them up. I've started at least three fall quilt projects (tablerunner- just waiting for the binding to be stitched down, wall quilt- basted and quilting is in progress, and quilt that was a wallhanging until it got too big- completed to flimsy stage) and am busily working on them... I just don't get it! Is it possible to get autumn fever? I get spring fever pretty much every year- usually in about January, but this, as I said, is an all new experience... And if it is possible to get autumn fever, how do you cure it? I thought maybe the fall-ish projects would do it, but so far, not. Then I thought, surely when the temperature dropped, I'd be over it real quick. But, still not yet... Anybody got any ideas?
Anyway, I suppose that's all for now. I'm gonna dig out my camera and get some pictures up here soon, I hope. Until then, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment