Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm back...

And, no. I did not forget to post. It's just been a very slow couple of weeks, sewing-wise. Nothing has gotten finished. And several of the things I've been working on, I can't show yet. Not even in-progress shots. Because they will be gifts when they're finished. I don't know for sure that the recipients glance at this blog, but I don't want to risk it. Just in case. So, no pictures of those until after they are done and given away.

So, let's catch up on what news I do have...

I still need one more person to sign up for my "Pay It Forward". I have my first two participants, and I have had a few questions, but no one who has said "Yes!! Sign me up!" and I need that one more person. So, please sign up. (My second person, Robyn from over at http://robynshomeinthemountains.blogspot.com/ has a great blog that you should definitely check out, by the way. I'm still reading the older posts but she's got some great stuff.)

Also, I have joined up with the Secret Santa Christmas Swap at http://www.ouvragesduneacadienne.blogspot.com/. It sounds like its gonna be fun. (I'm trying to get the button posted here, but so far I've had no luck. Not sure if the problem is me or that button. I thought I had finally figured it out, but...) I have gotten my partners name and started to explore her blog (which I would send you to, but then she'd know who I was, and the surprise would be ruined... Sorry). And I'm trying to decide what to make for her. Obviously, there will be a Christmas theme, but I'm still trying to decide if I should do a traditional look or something more playful... Any suggestions? And wouldn't it be fabulous if she just happened to wander by and answer that for me? :)

I didn't want another post with no pictures at all, so I found a few that I haven't shown you yet.

These are the other teacup pincushions I made a while back. I love them, but I have no idea what to do with them. They're just sitting there, waiting... But I've been using the other two constantly. Love them!

Any guesses what this is?
I'll give you a hint: My wonderful, fabulous, sweet husband got it for me...


It's my Christmas present. (See these bundles? One is 14 FQs and the other is 24 FQs. And there are 2 more identical bundles!! If I did my math right, that's 19 yards!) He had to let me have it, to check and make sure that we got what we ordered. But, I have to wrap it and put it under the tree. And he made me promise I wouldn't use any of it until after Christmas morning.
They are fabrics from the Patrick Lose Satinesque line. I searched everywhere and no one carries them, apparently. We finally found them on ebay.



And this is the cute free gift she sent with our order! Very unexpected, but a nice surprise. I would definitely order there again. If he would let me... (It's his ebay account so I have to have permission to shop. I know, I could get my own, but why bother when his is there?)
I guess that's all the news for now. Until next time, happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Experiencing a little stash envy ... shame on me, I know ... but Patrick Lose! oh baby! Sweet husband ... sweeter still that you can use the ebay account WITH his permission. :)

    ReplyDelete