Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas must be early... part 1

I've done it again... I've taken waaaaayyyy too long between posts. It's not that I don't have anything to talk about... Well, ok. Sometimes, I don't really have anything even remotely interesting to say. I'm actually a pretty boring person, and I'm ok with that. Most excitement turns out, in our experiences, to be bad. (Trips to the ER, serious illness, robberies, etc... No, not with me personally, but friends and/or family members. So we really like boring.)

But recently, I've been pretty busy. With the holidays so near, I'm sure everybody is sort of scrambling around, trying to get things done. That's what's been going on around here. Mostly, I've been trying to get organized and start all the seemingly millions of things that I like to do for Christmas. And mostly, I don't seem to be accomplishing all that much... But that's alright. It's only day 4 of the month- for a couple more hours, anyway... I still have time.

I had to break up this post into two sections, because- for some reason that I don't understand- Blogger will only let me load 5 pictures per post... So without further ado, allow me to present... Yesterday's Mail!!



At first, I was a bit confused when my husband handed this to me. He told me it was from Montana, and wanted to know what I ordered... I thought about it really hard, but couldn't remember ordering anything. And then, it dawned on me- my Secret Santa Swap was here!!
As you can see, I was way too excited to even think of waiting until Christmas. I ripped the package open before I even remembered I had to take a picture. This is what I found inside:

Aren't they cute? And I love love love the little gnoma clause tags! And I know you can't read them, so I'll translate. The larger package with the pink is for me, "the queen" and the one with the blue is for my husband "the queen's consort". :) I love that! The small square package was labeled "for Little Miss". And the post card was gorgeous! (Have I mentioned that my husband loves Montana? It's his favorite state, and I think he would like to move there. If all of our families weren't back this direction, he would have tried it already...)
It turns out that my swap partner, Wendy from http://http://why-knot-kwilt.blogspot.com/ , is not only talented, but also very kind and thoughtful! So, Christmas came for everyone yesterday, and we enjoyed it very much. Thank you so much, Wendy!!
I have to confess that when I was going through the posts over at
http://http://cottoncharmquilts.typepad.com/charmingchatter/ , I saw her post and drooled... But, I told myself "Self, do not get your hopes up! It's probably not yours!" But, it was!! Oh, you want to know what was in the packages, don't you? OK.



This gorgeous little mug rug was all lovingly wrapped up in my husband's package. Isn't it wonderful? I love it! And so does he. I'm pretty sure it got broken in this morning with his cup of coffee. (Fortunately, it did not acquire any stains in the process. I inspected it when I realized he'd been using it. ;) )
Thank you Wendy. It's lovely. Truly.


And this is what was in the package for Little Miss. Isn't he cute??





Here they are together. She really seems to like him, and it was so kind of you to include my family in your swap. Thank you Wendy!
Well, that's my allotment of photos for this post. So, now I'm going to have to start another so I can show you what was in my package. Stay tuned. I'll be right back.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I'm so happy you got the package :) Even happier that your family enjoyed it too!! Blessings and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete