Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

As usual this time of year, we have been busy, busy, busy around here. I don't remember ever being this late getting started, or finished with all the stuff that we need to get done. Usually, all shopping is finished before Thanksgiving (hopefully) and everything else gets finished up by about the 18th or so. The only thing I really like to have left during that last week is baking cookies...


This year, well... It's been another story. I just could not get organized. The shopping was done on time, but nothing else was. Add to that, my family up in WV did our Christmas celebrating a whole entire WEEK early(!!!) this year, and you will see why my planning got so messed up. : )


But, I am happy to announce that, tonight (Christmas Eve Eve, as we call it in our family), I have finally gotten caught up. I hope. Everything is finally wrapped. The candies are made (and mostly distributed already), cookies are baked, handmade gift projects are done (as of about two hours ago- no more for this year!), and it is time to sit back and enjoy the festivities. At least for tomorrow.

After that, I will be trying to figure out how to cook an entire holiday meal in my little kitchen. That's a first for me. I've never hosted a Christmas dinner before. Never cooked one either... But, I think I might have a little help with it. Or at least, plenty of advice. Thank goodness.

So, tomorrow will be mostly a day of rest. To enjoy being with family. To eat too many sweets. And to play Santa for my Little Miss.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, filled with love and joy,


Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment