Saturday, April 16, 2011

FNSI report

Hello, all! So, here are the results of my sew-in... As I suspected, there are no finished anythings to show off, but some progress was made. I got a later start than I really wanted. Mostly because bedtime was a few minutes later than normal. Which was mostly my husband's fault. He distracted me with videos of Little Miss as a teeny baby. Not sure why he decided to watch them, but he turned them on right about bedtime, and we got distracted for a bit. Little Miss seemed thrilled to stay up for the extra twenty minutes, though... :) First off, I threw my squares back up to look at them again... I had it all planned out, and then I needed the design wall... (That was last year. :( ) Since then, I had forgotten which way I had decided to do it, so back up they went. I kept looking at them the entire time I was at the machine. Pretty sure I've decided what I'm gonna do... This is the one my husband likes best. And I think I do as well. So, this is what I'm probably gonna aim for, more or less. (I think it's actually the opposite of what was originally decided, but oh well.) Now for my main project of the night... I LOVE the Holiday Happy fabrics from Happy Zombie! I got some of them last winter and then immediately froze up. I could not decide what to do with them! Finally, just after Christmas, I found this pattern in a magazine. It's adorable, it's relatively easy and quick, and best of all, there will be enough left of my Holiday Happy to make another quilt after I finish this one! So I got some of the cute floral fabric the pattern suggested and started cutting. Then, we packed up and went to Florida for six weeks... Needless to say, I got a little sidetracked. So last night, my neat little stacks of fabric turned into rows for a quilt top. White rows, sugar flower rows, and...
a pile of Holiday Happy rows! :)





Now, I just need to get some time set aside for assembling the flimsy and I'm good to go...





Now that my camera issue seems to have fixed itself, I have my pictures uploaded from this week, and hopefully I can put them up in a day or two. They probably will mostly appeal to all of the grandparents in the family, as they are mostly about Little Miss. So, you know, fair warning to everybody else. ;)


I guess that's all the news there is for now. Happy stitching! :)

2 comments:

  1. All those gorgeous fabrics and drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lots of fun! You have such a cute little one to share your sewing with, too!

    ReplyDelete