Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day! And a very quick summary...

Hope everyone has had a great day so far. May it only get better for all of you...


So, the most exciting news of the week is:







Isn't she precious? This is my beautiful new niece, Annabelle Lee [yes, like the poem. I really hope she grows up to like Poe. :) ]









We got to run up and visit the happy family a couple of days ago. Got a bit of snuggle time...














It was wonderful. I really wanted to bring her home with me... Just for a few days, mind.









It's so hard for me to believe that my Little Miss was that size just a couple of years ago...



Ok. I'll try to get on with the rest of the summary... What else did we do this week? Oh, we went to the greenhouse. We're getting a very late start on things, but my husband decided he wanted to try planting a few things, so we got a couple of tomato plants and some strawberries, lettuce and herbs. Hopefully, I won't kill them by accident. He is supposed to supervise and save them from my "black thumb" if necessary. Little Miss was allowed to bring home a flower for her very own. She picked an African Daisy. It's very pretty. And hopefully she won't drown it. (She loves using her watering can...)


In crafty news, not too much. I got the birdie blocks pieced, and the first several patterns traced onto them, picking out my flosses now... And the Holiday Happy strippy flimsy is (finally!!) pieced- but I refuse to take pics of it until I get it trimmed and pressed. It looks pretty rough at the moment. Also, whipped up a couple of pincushions, trying to decide if I like them... And I'm gonna try and get a quick project whipped up for Polly over at Helping Little Hands. She's collecting crafty type objects for a fundraiser her friends are holding soon for histio research. I encourage you to run over and have a look:





And also, the rest of her blog is great, too. Check it out. Especially if you have little ones. There seems to be a lot of cute stuff for littles...


That's about it for the week, really. The coming week will be pretty slow, craft-wise, I think. We'll see what I can come up with to talk about... See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment