Saturday, May 21, 2011

FNSI report

Hello! I'm still here, yes... I've wanted to blog several times, but I never could think up anything to say... Yes, we are boring around here. That's a good thing.


But, now I finally have something I can show you, so here goes:


I'm sure everyone knows that last night was the Friday Night Sew In... Here's what I worked on.





Unfortunately, I didn't get this set finished before I was forced to quit and go to bed. But, I got almost halfway there...















...and when they're done, they'll look something like this!




These blocks are for a project I'm starting (like I need another one!!!) a little late on. I just recently found out that there's a block of the month over at Little Miss Shabby... It is so cute! I have no idea why I didn't jump all over it sooner... But now, thanks to Cindy at Fluffy Sheep Quilting, it has been brought to my attention, and I'm in! Better late than never, I guess. So, half the blocks got pieced last night, just needing to be pressed. The other half, I hope will be ready soon. And then, I can start on the embroidery. (I forgot to mention, the fabrics for this are the Just Wing It from Moda... I think.) I'm adding the button for the BOM over on the side there. If you click it, hopefully it will take you right over to Little Miss Shabby's so you can join too! Or, just drool over the cuteness if you prefer...


(EDIT: I just tried to add the button, and it didn't work... So, here's the link:


http://www.littlemissshabby.com/ Hope it works for you.)





In other news, this is what last month's FNSI project looks like now... Not a lot of progress since the last time you saw it, but some. I LOVE these fabrics. Love love love them! But, I'm starting to think this might have been the wrong thing for me to do with them... All those really long seams are starting to get to me. They just seem like so much work... (I feel the same way about seaming backings. Which explains why I have 2 or 3 flimsies lingering around with nothing to layer them with...) But, I know I'll love this quilt when I finally get it done. So, I'll keep trudging along with it. The leftovers are probably gonna end up as a Lone Star, so that'll be fun...




Also, I've mentioned a lot of handwork has been going on. And I can finally show you just a bit of it. I had two finishes this week- YAY!!! The first is the very last Christmas stocking I wanted for my decorating last year... Now, I just have to remember what I did with the others when I packed Christmas away, and I'll have them ready for this year. Better late than never, I guess...







The other finish, I don't want to show in its entirety, because I have plans for it... But here's a little peek. I'm really happy with how it turned out, I think.







So, my husband finally comes home from work this evening. YAY! And, that means, I can't actually predict how much will get done this week. He's full of plans- things he wants/needs to do, etc. Hopefully, I'll be able to find something to show you soon. Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment