Monday, June 13, 2011

Pay It Forward and other ramblings...

Hey, all! It's been awhile, I know... Been busy, busy, busy. But not with sewing, much. :( Little Miss and I spent a week up at my mom's house. Helping with a rather sizable yard sale. Our stuff, her stuff, and my sister's stuff. The good news- we got rid of almost everything. Either sold at the sale, or donated afterwards. So, I suppose it's worth it to get all that junk out from under our feet, huh?

I did spend several days making up some t-shirt bracelets for Polly @ Helping Little Hands.
http://helpinglittlehands.blogspot.com/ . She was donating her time and talents to a fundraiser for histiocytosis research. I hear they did really well, and I think she's planning a post about it in the near future. (As soon as she rests up a bit, I imagine.) But, I mailed them off rather quickly, because I was afraid it would take a long time to get to her, and I forgot to take pics of them... Ooops! You can get a good idea what they looked like if you want to check out her post here:
http://helpinglittlehands.blogspot.com/2011/04/braided-wristbands.html . Just change the colors in your imagination. ;)

I do, however, have some pictures for you today. I have been working away on my Pay It Forward projects. And I have the first two packages all finished and ready to go. Well, the first one is already gone. And I have the pictures right here:

My friend Lisa was the first to sign up to Pay It Forward. And happily, since we had to go up to Mom's anyway, we were able to hand deliver it. So, here it is...




This is just some of the cute little extras- patterns and such- that I stuck in there...








I made a couple of pincushions to throw in. I sort of like the finger pincushion there...













And here is the main event. I thought it was the cutest idea ever. And since I thought she might want to hang it in her sewing room, I made a spool block... But, the colors match almost everything she has, so it can really hang just about anywhere...


The block was done with paper pieces from Paper Pieces. com... The first time I had used their spool pattern. I love them. I need some more, actually. I want a huge quilt of spools... Eventually. This block finished at about 12 inches. Perfect for the Quilt in a Clock kit I had. Now I need to find some more of these little acrylic pieces so I can make one for me. ;)



The second Pay It Forward package is all ready to mail out. I just need Robyn to send me her address, and it will be off. So, Robyn, if you see this, please give me a shout. I'm afraid you haven't been getting my last few emails, for some reason... (I'm also gonna leave a note on your blog. If Blogger will finally let me. Grr...)


And, I need to remind everyone that I still have one Pay It Forward free. If anyone would want to sign up to pay it forward, let me know. I would love to send you something pretty. If you want to review the posts where it was mentioned, they're here:





And finally, this picture is here simply because Little Miss said "Take picture me, Mommy!" And then she posed... I had to, don't you know...












So, that's what's been happening here lately. I still haven't really got back into a sewing groove since I got back home. We've been doing lots of summery stuff... Bubbles, trips to the farm, Little Miss went swimming, that sort of stuff. This week, a picnic is on my list. I hope.


Sewing-wise, I'm slowly starting to work on Little Miss' Christmas. I'm going to arrange for Santa to bring a play kitchen, and I've been making felt foods (or trying, anyway. My felt finally showed up, so I'm hoping to pick up the pace...) here and there. I was just going to buy some of the plastic foods that we used to have, but I'm not having any luck with that. Some toys have just gotten cooler over the years, but in this area, not so much. I've been really disappointed with what I've seen. Thus the felt... Also in line are the birdie BOM blocks. The first half are ready to be embroidered... I've really got to get on that...


So, that's the news. Such as it is. I love it when it's calm. :) See ya next time.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, Thanks so much for all the things you donated! I'm finally getting the post written up tonight. We've just been enjoying our summer break so much that I haven't been blogging hardly at all. I think I'll schedule the post to go up on Monday. I was truly touched by your generosity and the time it must have taken to make those precious baby outfits.

    And I don't know if you noticed...but I kind of love felt food. It's been a while since I made any, but I've been itching to make a few more things for my kids. I'd love to send a few to your daughter...but it will probably be a few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Queen of the Unfinished Projects...I'm Queen of the Armchair and saw you over at Robyn's...noticed your header, and I've got the same...Great minds think alike ha ha... Dzintra

    ReplyDelete