Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2012 UFO Challenge

I've decided to join up in the UFO Challenge over at Patchwork Times. I missed the sign-ups last year, but boy, do I ever need to finish up some of this stuff! So, this is the year I'm gonna try it. I hope.

Here's my list of UFO/WIP's:

1) Top Secret Quilt. This is going to be a Christmas present. If it ever gets finished. I've been planning it for at least 5 years now, and I actually started trying to piece it... 3 years ago. I think. Anyway, I ran into some difficulties with the design that I wanted and it's been languishing in a box for ages. This is the year it NEEDS to get done. I want to wrap it up and give it away already!! (Sadly, it didn't happen this year. Here's to 2012 being THE year!)

2) My mitten quilt. The top is done. I just need to layer it and start the quilting. And I would love to do all of that before the weather warms up and I can't stand the thought of working on a wintery quilt. ;)

3) The elephant wallhanging. Because I take my Christmas quilts down, and then have this huge blank spot on my wall for the rest of the year. :( I really need to get this done so I can hang it up... This one still needs a LOT of work...

4) The Birdie BOM that I started... Yeah, that would be the one over at Little Miss Shabby. The one that just ended. All of the blocks are pieced, but all but 3 still need to be embroidered... and then sewn together...

5) My charm quilt. I've been sewing these little hexies together for years, off and on. Most of them are joined now. I still need to finish the last of the borders, piece the backing and quilt the durn thing...

6) The leafy wallhanging. See explanation for elephant wallhanging, only for the fall months. ;) I started quilting on this one. Last year sometime... Need to finish the quilting and bind it.

7) The Saltbox Harvest quilt. I bought a kit to make a fall wallhanging. Then I got it home and pieced the top and realized that it was a whole quilt, and way to big to hang in the spot I wanted to hang it. Needs quilting and binding.

8) Paddington. The quilt top is all pieced. Just need to quilt him up.

9) A flower BOM I got at Jo-Ann's about 4 years ago. (I think.) All the blocks are pieced, but the applique and embroidery isn't finished yet. Lots of work left there.... :(

10) The small quilt I started last year. The top is pieced. But then, I decided the border needed something else and I started to applique flowers to it. Need to applique the last flower and then quilt the stupid thing. (It probably isn't really stupid. But I might be. Why on earth would I keep fiddling with something like that when it was less than a month before Christmas???)

11) My Holiday Happy strippy quilt. I got the top pieced (for a FNSI last winter), but it needs trimmed and, of course, quilted. Hopefully in time to snuggle under it next Christmas.

12) And, finally (notice I didn't say last? It's the last I'm listing, but I'm pretty sure there are a couple more hiding down there somewhere...), my OTHER Holiday Happy quilt. It will be a lone star, if it ever gets done... I'm using paper pieces for it, and I am still in the process of basting the fabrics and figuring out what will go where. Not certain that this one will actually be finished by the end of the year, but I'm willing to give it a go...


So, there is my list of the stuff that needs to get done ASAP. I don't know for certain that I can get all of that, and all of the future projects (I've already started getting quilt requests for NEXT Christmas!!) done in one short year, but I sure am willing to give it a go! I refuse to promise to work on them in the order listed above, depending on what mood strikes me when, but I promise to do my best with all of them in the year to come! ;)

How about you? Got any UFO's you'd like to tackle? Here's the link to join up with Judy for the UFO Challenge:

http://www.patchworktimes.com/2011/12/20/2012-ufo-challenge-participants-list-of-projects/


See you there! :)

8 comments:

  1. Good job on getting them organized and listed! I managed to cull and re-stash and get rid of enough that I only have 12. Whew, that felt good! This plan helps me focus and get some done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By listing them you now have a goal - right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a lot of great quilts...I bet you make a good dent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I bet you can make a big dent in that list this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now that's a list! They all sound like a lot fun. And won't that be nice to fill that blank space on your wall. Good Luck! Oh, and just in case you don't want to finish the Saltbox quilt - send it my way. I just love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Won't you be so happy to finish some of these projects? They all sound so beautiful! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting organized with the list of "to-do" is the most important step toward finishing quilts! Good luck next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote you make the "Top Secret Quilt" your priority...if it's the one I'm thinking of, he's been waiting patiently for a VERY long time and will LOVE it!! :)

    ReplyDelete