Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting my "geek" on...

But only just a little. ;) I don't really qualify as a geek. (I'm just not smart enough.) But, as my husband is quick to point out, I have some distinctly geeky leanings. He usually starts telling me this anytime I mention a tv show, movie, or book that is in any way science fiction-y. (He has flat out refused to have anything to do with Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, and he made gagging noises through most of the Twilight movie rerun on tv a few weeks ago... Ok. Slight exaggeration, I'll admit. He didn't make gagging noises. He just complained about the movie for the entire time it was on...)

But, that's another story. Never mind. Anyway...

Back in July, we were preparing for a family vacation. And I had a little problem. I LOVE my kindle. But I really was not loving the case I had bought for it. I needed something to protect it when it was floating around the nightmare that is my purse (where it lives anytime I leave the house), but I needed something it would just quickly slide out of when I wanted to read. The purchased case was way too heavy and bulky for comfortable reading. Not to mention that there was an open side, which had a habit of letting various objects sneak in and rub against the screen, basically defeating the whole purpose of a case...

So, I took matters into my own hands. And, not having a pattern within easy reach, I faked it. The result? An adorable little bag, sturdy enough to make sure my reader doesn't get squished in my bag, but easy to pop it out of for easy reading.



The design? A tardis. (This is where my geeky-ness leaked out a little bit.) I really couldn't think of a better image to put on my kindle.
















After all, just like the tardis, my kindle is apparently bigger on the inside. ;)















This is the back view. (I added the little button in place of the flashing light. After I assembled the thing and realized that I forgot to quilt it into the design... oops!)







I've been using it for a while now, and I still like it just as much as I did before. :) I love it when that happens.


So, that's it for now. I'll be back in a few days. Now, I'm off to attempt a little more Christmas prep. I feel so unorganized and behind schedule this year! I suppose that's what I get for wandering the country for most of the year... Time to try to catch up! See you next time.


(And, I hope to have a little announcement then, so stay tuned! It's a surprise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment