Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Christmas, part 3. Finally!

I know, I know. I said I'd be back in a couple of days. And now it's the end of February. :(  One of my goals for the new year was to blog at least once a week. As soon as I decided this, my computer went insane, or something. My husband finally seems to have sorted out whatever it is that my toddler did to this ancient monster (a couple of weeks ago, actually. Ooops...), so I'm hoping she won't mess with it any more. Anyway, since my computer appears to be working again (although, now the printer is screwy), here we go...

Finally found those photos of the last of the Christmas presents...

First up, the bunny hat for my kindergartener. (I promise the eyes are not quite as crooked as these photos make it seem.)


Here's a look at the pompoms.
 
She wears her new hat to school nearly every day. So, I'm pleased that it's seeing more love and use than the last one I made for her (at her request, no less).
 
 

 
And last, but not least, my niece's fingerless mitts. We're nearly all Whovians, and so this is the Rose's Wrist Warmers pattern from Ravelry.  It's based on a pair of mitts from one of the episodes of the show. I've always loved them from the first time I saw it, and I hope my niece is getting plenty of use out of them in all this winter chill... 


Here's a closer-up shot of the cable pattern.
 
 
This (finally) concludes the Christmas gifts for 2014. As far as I can remember.
 
 
We've been keeping busy so far this year, although not as crafty-busy as I really want to be given all this yucky snow and ice we have right now. Two little girls are a great hindrance to sitting in a chair and stitching all day. :) So, instead of curling up under a quilt-in-progress for 10 hours at a time, I'm lucky to get an hour here or a half hour there of knitting or stitching. Lots of refereeing fights this last week snowbound, though. I kinda can't wait for school to open back up. It's looking like our second full week out due to weather...
 
I've got all sorts of projects started, so far this year. All of them are either half finished or just started, though. I've started to attempt to get a jump start on Christmas, given that I have several very large/complicated items that I would love to have done in time (none of which have been started yet. Not the best sign, is it?), my husband  has me making two baby blankets for friends of his (I have really GOT to get those finished. Soon!), I'm doing two different (simple) embroidery projects, and I still have spinning to finish. It got abandoned halfway through back when the Christmas crunch hit around November, and I'm just now getting back to it. :(  Oh, and I also have a leftover dishcloth from my earlier obsession that's been abandoned about halfway through. And the first Christmas gift is just barely half knitted now. I think that list is pretty complete.
 
 
I do have one finished item so far this year. And my oldest has a pretty nifty little project she just finished, as well. She's been working on it ever since she got back from the grocery shopping yesterday morning, and she just finished it up. I have some pictures, of course.  :)  Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment