Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Ugh.

That's really all I have to say about life right now. Just "Ugh." Or, possibly more like Charlie Brown used to say it: "UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!" Yeah. That's probably more like it.

The last few weeks have been bad. Highly stressful, full of blech. I just don't have the spoons* to spare lately, you know? I'm trying to get back into gear and caught up with myself. I'm hoping to be back here next week as scheduled. Fingers crossed.




*I first ran across the concept of 'spoons' in terms of your mental health and ability to cope from Jenny Lawson, the Bloggess. She has awesome books, btw, which you should definitely read. And a new one coming out next week (I think). 

Anyway, in this instance spoons represent your ability to deal. It's perfect because (at least in my house) we never have enough spoons. I don't know where they all go. Possibly the kids eat them instead of their food? Anyway... on any given day, you wake up with so many 'spoons' to spend. Every task you accomplish, large or small, uses one or more spoons. When your spoons are gone, that's it. You're done until you have a chance to recharge, whatever that means for your situation. I have no idea whether this is an example therapists frequently use or if Jenny Lawson came up with it, but I saw another of my favorite writers use it one Twitter the other day, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment