Tuesday, August 24, 2021

List of Random Stuff

 I don't really have anything exciting going on today. Or this week, really. Just same old boring everyday yuck. So, a quick list of random, semi-related thoughts might have to tide us over for now.

 1. I am completely exhausted. Like, I'm always exhausted after a shift at my horrible job, but this last couple of weeks has just been so much worse.

 2. My feet and legs have decided they hurt too much to do anything else tonight. My chair is my best friend right now. I will not hobble from it until bedtime.

 3. I am in the middle of reading about five different books, and am therefore making nearly no progress on any of them.

 4. I should probably learn to focus on one book at a time. But I probably won't.

 5. Murderbot is still the best. Ever.

 6. I need more stories about it. Preferably right now. I do not want to wait until April.

 7. I should be knitting, but my wrist hurts.

 8. I hate it when my wrist refuses to let me do anything fun.

 9. I need a new job. (Anybody hiring?)

10. My daughter is campaigning for a work-from-home job, which I can't seem to find and which she would not leave me alone to actually do even if I did.

11. I got a summons for jury duty.

12. I am not especially happy about it.

13. It isn't that I'm opposed to doing my civic duty, because I don't mind that part. It's the part that comes before. The part where they take away all my coping mechanisms and sit me in a big room with absolutely nothing to do.

14. I really do not wait well. That's why I have so many hobbies to distract me while I wait.

15. None of those hobbies are allowed in courtrooms.

16. The people who made those particular rules are obviously not crafters. And are apparently fine with mind-numbing boredom.

17. I am not. (See above.)

18. I am in danger of falling asleep right now.

19. Getting up at 4am stinks.

20. I will never understand morning people. Not ever.

21. This list is much longer and more ramble-y than I expected. It is definitely time to stop.

22. Goodnight. I'll try for something a little more interesting next time.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment