Tuesday, August 4, 2020

It's Been A Long Time, Been A Long Time...

...been a long-   You know what? I'll save you the rest of the Zeppelin song. I'm sure we all know it by heart. Just imagine me caterwauling very badly and off-key with the volume cranked way up and fill in the rest of the lyrics for me. You now have the perfect mental picture.

Life is weird. And unexpected. And constantly changing.

Once upon a time, in what now seems like another lifetime entirely, I started a little blog. I was a new stay-at-home mom, trying to figure out what in the world people were thinking when they gave me a tiny little person to care for, alone a lot of the time and very overwhelmed. Looking for someone to talk to.

Life rolls on, and changes come- good and bad. Now that little blog that used to live here is completely alien to me. I look back at it and I don't even recognize the person who wrote it. Most things in my life are very different.

But life rolls on and changes come. Especially in this craziest of crazy years, where things are very different. Strange. Scary. Hard. Lonely.


Things that have not changed:

       My beautiful girls are my world. Most of my time and energy are directed toward seeing their needs are met to the best of my ability. As all parents can imagine, this is at times challenging. And terrifying.
       Books are a huge part of our lives. I've always been a reader, hunting for comfort and wisdom in the pages of my favorite stories. This joy in reading is something I'm trying to teach my girls. So far, it seems to be working.
       The world is still crazy (and seeming to get crazier every day, unfortunately) and it is still overwhelming and scary trying to keep little people alive and well. Even when they are no longer completely helpless.
   
 And I guess I'm still looking for someone to talk to.

Feel free to pop in and listen. I can't guarantee what the topic of the moment may be. Just lately, I feel the need to babble about books, but I won't swear that's all you'll ever find. This space is likely to contain any number of ramblings, not just about stories, but also... oh, I don't know. Various craft projects. My kids (maybe). Life in general. It'll be a surprise. And hopefully, it will be a pleasant one. This crazy year definitely needs more pleasant everything...


So, welcome back to my blog. Let's see where it takes me this time. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment