Friday, August 7, 2020

My Reading Log- July 2020

 I thought it might be interesting to post some of the books I read every month. I won't post everything.

 Some of the things I won't post include: 

-anything I couldn't finish for whatever reason,

-any picture books and such I read (or re-read, for the millionth time) with my girl(s)- unless it's super, super adorable,                                                           

-anything I hated reading.

Everything else is fair game for the list. I'll generally try to sort things into categories, however broad. I'll at least tell you if it's fiction or nonfiction. Fair enough? Okay, let's get started.


July 2020

July was a weird month for me. I had several things that had to share reading time, so my book count was way down. In addition, the online library yanked my book away in the middle and it totally threw off my reading groove. I was left reeling, trying to figure out what to read when I couldn't finish the one I wanted to read. (I still haven't actually recovered. I'm floundering here. But I'm back on the waiting list, so- fingers crossed...)


Fiction:

Network Effect- Martha Wells (I LOVE me some Murderbot! Need more immediately!)

Good Omens Script Book- Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Twilight- Stephenie Meyer (I'm so glad my spellcheck also hates the way she spells her name...)

New Moon- also by Meyer.


Graphic Novels/Comics:

Strange Planet

Stranger Planet             both by Nathan W Pyle


Cooking:

Turns out that Anne McCaffrey, one of my all time faves, did a couple of cookbooks... I had no idea, but when I found out, I had to hunt them down so...

Cooking Out of This World

Serve It Forth

(They were interesting and entertaining, but I don't see myself actually making any of the recipes...)


Wow. That was a very short reading month... And not a single non-fiction in the bunch... 

I would swear to do better in August, but I am not off to a promising start. I'm still floundering around waiting for the end of my interrupted book. And I just struggled my way through a truly awful book that will hopefully never be mentioned here by name, so that's most of a week wasted there. Well, that and trying to read three different books simultaneously. (See above floundering.)

I need to focus. And I need to get that book back!



No comments:

Post a Comment