Monday, August 31, 2020

My Reading Log- August 2020

 I did a little better this month, reading-wise. In numbers, anyway. The majority of my month has been comfort reading- silly story books to pass the time pleasantly. Mostly so I can avoid the continuing unpleasantness of the real world. (Seriously, is this year ever going to improve? Or at least end? It feels as though 2020 has lasted at least a decade now...) On to the books!


August 2020

Fiction:

Wayward Son- Rainbow Rowell (This is the one the library yanked away. Got it back!)

Star Trek (movie novelization)- 

Star Trek: The Unsettling Stars-      both of these are in the reboot Kelvin universe and both are by Alan Dean Foster

Half Off Ragnarok-  

Pocket Apocalypse-        both of these are Seanan McGuire's InCryptid series (which I am loving)

Sparrow Hill Road- also Seanan McGuire.  (Rose Marshall is very entertaining. Glad I have another book about her waiting on my shelf...)

The Shadow Grail series by Mercedes Lackey:

1-Legacies

2-Conspiracies

3-Sacrifices

4-Victories -My first time through these books, even though Mercedes Lackey is one of my favorites. It's a young adult series and it isn't at all bad. I enjoyed them but I feel like I would have enjoyed them more if I had any affection at all for the King Arthur mythologies. (But I really don't. The closest I come is Disney's Sword in the Stone cartoon from forever ago.)

Boyfriend Material- Alexis Hall (Surprisingly entertaining. Enjoyed it very much.)

Midnight Sun- Stephenie Meyer 


Nonfiction:

The View From the Cheap Seats- Neil Gaiman

George Washington- James MacGregor Burns and Susan Dunn (this is part of The American Presidents series edited by Arthur M. Schlesinger)

Brilliant Maps for Curious Minds- Ian Wright 


And that's it for the month of August. There is no way I will even get close to finishing anything else before midnight. Time to start next month's list. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment