Saturday, January 9, 2021

My Reading Log- September 2020

 September 2020

September flew by.  Actually, the whole end of the year did, for one reason or other. Thank goodness. I'll be trying to get all caught up over the next week or two. Maybe we can kiss 2020 goodbye for eternity...

September was an average reading month, I guess. Not too many, not too few books finished. (The too few book months are coming soon. The end of the year gets way too busy.) I had extra time to read this month, owing to not going back to work until the end of the month. So, here's the list.


Fiction:

by Seanan McGuire- the InCryptid series

Chaos Choreography

Magic For Nothing

Tricks For Free

That Ain't Witchcraft

Imaginary Numbers

I love this series. So glad my library came through with the rest of the series so I can get all caught up. I just hate having to wait for the next one. It can't get here soon enough.



Graphic Novels:

Roller Girl- Victoria Jamieson

Solutions and Other Problems- Allie Brosh        

This one has been long awaited, ever since her first book came out and I gobbled it up in hours. Her blog, Hyperbole and A Half, is also wonderful, if long untouched. (My favorite post is about the Alot. And I need a stuffie version of an alot. Seriously. If anyone is looking for gift ideas- I need an alot. A lot.)

Click- Kayla Miller

The first of several books by Miller. (The others will be on next month's list.) They're aimed at middle grade aged readers, and I'm trying to convince my middle schooler to read them. I think she'd like them. Or at least relate to some of it.  (Of course, I'm still trying to get her to read Sisters, Guts, and Smile by Raina Telgemeier, too. Someday, I'll get her convinced.)


Nonfiction:

1493- Charles C. Mann

This is the sequel to a book I read the year before, 1491, by the same author. Both of them are interesting, if horrific at times. 

Deep- James Nestor

I had never heard of free-diving until I stumbled across this book at the library. It was an interesting read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment