Monday, January 11, 2021

My Reading Log- October 2020

 October 2020

October was a crazy, crazy month. From no work at all to 80+ hour weeks. Needless to say, my reading suffered. I stuck to light fiction, fluffy and enjoyable. Mostly on my kindle during lunch and breaks at work.


Fiction:

Red, White & Royal Blue- Casey McQuiston

The Lightning Thief- Rick Riordan

A Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking

Minor Mage- both by T. Kingfisher  (aka Ursula Vernon) 

This is one of my new favorite writers. My kids and I found her a few years ago (from a Goodreads rec from another of my very favorite writers, Lois McMaster Bujold, actually.) We devoured everything we could get our hands on, starting with the Hamster Princess books. I adore Harriet Hamsterbone and I wish there were more than just the six books we were given. Then we raced through all of the Danny Dragonbreath books (eleven, I think). Then I found out that she writes adult books under a pseudonym and I started reading. I'm not caught up yet, but eventually I will get there. These two books are actually more aimed at middle grade readers than the other books I've read under the name Kingfisher. My daughter and I enjoyed them immensely, and we need more. Just saying. Also, if Ursula Vernon ever stumbles over this, we need more Castle Hangnail. Immediately. Please???


Graphic Novels:

Camp

Act- both by Kayla Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment